There are 37 manufactured home communities currently in operation in Butler County.
The county has the fourth largest population of manufactured homes in the state of Ohio.
Under Ohio law, it is the responsibility of owners of manufactured homes (house trailers) to register their homes with the county Auditor for tax purposes. Annually, the Auditor's Office assesses each manufactured home and prepares a tax list. Tax bills are sent to each owner semiannually. The house trailer tax is distributed back to the local taxing districts (townships and schools) in the same manner as real estate taxes. Statewide there are over 200,000 manufactured homes on the tax list.
Click on the links below for additional information and forms
Frequently Asked Questions
How to transfer ownership of a Manufactured or Mobile Home
Download DTE 100M the Manufactured and Mobile Home Conveyance Fee Statement.
Download DTE 100M(EX) the Statement of Reason for Exemption from Manufactured and Mobile Home Conveyance Fee.
Download the DTE 101 Statement of Conveyance of Homestead Property. To be attached to Conveyance Fee Forms, DTE 100, 100(EX), 100M & 100M(EX).
Click here for manufactured home conveyance fees.
Registration Form DTE 41 must be completed and returned to our office within 30 days of the purchase date to avoid a registration penalty of $100.00 being assessed on the tax record.
Download DTE 55 Election to have a Manufactured or Mobile Home taxed like Real Property.
Download DTE 49 Damaged/Destroyed Home Form.
Download DTE 56 Application for Owner occupancy Tax Reduction on Manufactured Home Taxed Like Real Property.
Download DTE Form 1M Board of Revision for complaint against the valuation of a manufactured or mobile home taxed like real property.
Download In Lieu of Title Form. If a court order is issued without a title, this form must be presented to the Treasurer and Auditor's offices for the appropriate stamps.
• A Relocation notice can only be purchased by the titled owner of the home.
• ALL taxes must be paid in full (may require verification of payment made).
• The address where the home is moving to, including lot number, if applicable. This includes city, state, zip code and county.
• Relocation notices can be purchased from our office for a fee of $5.00 for a "single-wide" home and $10.00 for a "double-wide".
• The notice must be placed in the inside back window of the home before transporting to new location.
• Failure to purchase a relocation notice will result in a $100.00 penalty being assessed on the owner of the home and on the mover.