Home Contact Us


 Vendor Licensing


You have accessed an unsupported and outdated web page. Please redirect to this active area of the Auditor's web site: Vendor License Information and Application.

As of Sept. 6, 2012, there are now two different types of Vendor's Licenses in the State of Ohio.  The following should help you decide which license you will need for your business:

Regular County Vendor's License - This type of license is required when selling an actual product at a permanent location (for example, a store).  What used to be referred to as Service and Delivery vendor's licenses are now sold by your local County Auditor as a Regular County Vendor's License. You will need to purchase this license from the county in which your business is located.  There is a printable application at the bottom of this page.

Transient Vendor's License - Any vendor that does not maintain a fixed business location should obtain a Transient Vendor's License. This includes vendors that travel throughout the state with a stock of goods or those who sell at festivals and flea markets. This license is good throughout the State of Ohio.  You can purchase this license through the Ohio Department of Taxation 1-888-405-4089 (sales tax), or you can purchase online through the Ohio Business Gateway (www.obg.ohio.gov).

Note: Delivery vendors should now obtain a county license and report tax at the rate in effect at the business location where the vendor receives the order.  

Vendor License Application

Vendor Transfer Form (Change of Address)



Butler County Administration Building: 130 High Street, 3rd & 4th floors, Hamilton, OH 45011 Phone: 513-887-3154 FAX: 513-887-3149
© 2017 Butler County Auditor